How our themes are translated?
My Tapestry's themes are translated with the same localization technology than WordPress (GNU Gettext).
How can I translate a theme in my language?
Verify that the translation doesn't already exist. They can be found on My Tapestry.
- If it's available, download the files and upload them to the
/lang/(in the folder of your theme).
- Otherwise, you have to translate it yourself (see below).
Creating my own translation files
- You need a translation freeware like Poedit
- Open the model file (theme_name.pot
in the folder
- Translate all the sentences
- Save the file with a name like
ab_AB.po. (for example "fr_FR.po" for
french, see all localization
names). Note that Poedit will automatically create another
essential file called ab_AB.mo
- Upload these two files to your server, in the folder
If your WordPress is well configured, you should now see your pages with the translated sentences.